[webERP-users] How to enable mb_internal_encoding in weberp
Joe Zhou
2011-10-01 23:43:30 UTC
Hi There,
I just tried to install webERP_4.05,but when I tried to login,I got the
following
error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in
/var/www/html/aceq/includes/LanguageSetup.php on line 6

How does weberp enable mb_internal_encoding?

Thanks!

Joe Zhou
Phil Daintree
2011-10-01 23:50:32 UTC
See

http://nz.php.net/manual/en/function.mb-internal-encoding.php

looks like it has been there sine PHP 4.06 - you must be on quite an old
version of PHP??

Check webERP/phpinfo.php to see what version.

Phil
Post by Joe Zhou
Hi There,
I just tried to install webERP_4.05,but when I tried to login,I got the
following
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in
/var/www/html/aceq/includes/LanguageSetup.php on line 6
How does weberp enable mb_internal_encoding?
Thanks!
Joe Zhou
Phil

Phil Daintree
Logic Works Ltd - +64 (0)275 567890
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
Joe Zhou
2011-10-02 01:11:08 UTC
Hi,Exson,
I just googled it,I add the following phrase into PHP.ini,but I still got
the same message.

[mbstring]
; language for internal character representation.
;
http://www.php.net/manual/en/mbstring.configuration.php#ini.mbstring.language
;mbstring.language = Japanese
mbstring.language = English

; internal/script encoding.
; Some encoding cannot work as internal encoding.
; (e.g. SJIS, BIG5, ISO-2022-*)
;
http://www.php.net/manual/en/mbstring.configuration.php#ini.mbstring.internal-encoding
;mbstring.internal_encoding = EUC-JP
mbstring.internal_encoding = UTF-8 ; Set internal encoding to UTF-8

; http input encoding.
;
http://www.php.net/manual/en/mbstring.configuration.php#ini.mbstring.http-input
;mbstring.http_input = auto
mbstring.http_input = UTF-8,ASCII ;Specify order

; http output encoding. mb_output_handler must be
; registered as output buffer to function
;
http://www.php.net/manual/en/mbstring.configuration.php#ini.mbstring.http-output
;mbstring.http_output = SJIS
mbstring.http_output = UTF-8 ; Set HTTP output encoding to UTF-8

; enable automatic encoding translation according to
; mbstring.internal_encoding setting. Input chars are
; converted to internal encoding by setting this to On.
; Note: Do _not_ use automatic encoding translation for
; portable libs/applications.
;
http://www.php.net/manual/en/mbstring.configuration.php#ini.mbstring.encoding-translation
;mbstring.encoding_translation = Off
mbstring.encoding_translation = On

; automatic encoding detection order.
; auto means
;
http://www.php.net/manual/en/mbstring.configuration.php#ini.mbstring.detect-order
;mbstring.detect_order = auto
mbstring.detect_order = UTF-8,ASCII,SJIS,EUC-JP ; Specify order

; substitute_character used when character cannot be converted
; one from another
;
http://www.php.net/manual/en/mbstring.configuration.php#ini.mbstring.substitute-character
;mbstring.substitute_character = none;
;; Set default substitute character
mbstring.substitute_character = 12307 ; Specify Unicode value
mbstring.substitute_character = none ; Do not print character
mbstring.substitute_character = long ; Long Example: U+3000,JIS+7E7E

Thanks!

Joe Zhou
ExsonQu
2011-10-02 01:27:41 UTC
*Hi, Joe:*

Did you find extension=php_mbstring.dll? just comment out the ; in
front of it. If you use AppServ, it's original bundled with this module.
It'll work with this modification.

If your environment is not this, please check if you've compiled this
module first.

Best regards!

Exson

Joe Zhou
2011-10-02 01:38:09 UTC
Hi,Exson,
My OS is Linux Fedora. version 13.

Joe Zhou
Tim Schofield
2011-10-02 09:22:45 UTC
Hi Joe,

As Exson has said the module needs enabling in php.ini (remember to
get the correct php.ini, Fedora installs a CLI one as well) and then
apache needs restarting. A number of distributions are not enabling it
by default. Maybe a bit of discussion on this list before this major
change would have helped alert people to this? Anyway, it needs to be
in INSTALL.txt I think.

Thanks
Tim
Post by Joe Zhou
Hi,Exson,
My OS is Linux Fedora. version 13.
Joe Zhou
WebERP Africa Ltd
+447710427049
+256752963327
+255758554413
www.weberpafrica.com
ExsonQu
2011-10-02 11:34:33 UTC
*Hi, Joe:*

I have no idea about how to add this module in Fedora.
It maybe yum install php-mbstring? Since the module has not
installed by default as Tim mentioned. Then restart Apache server.

Hope it helpful.

Best regards!

Exson

Joe Zhou
2011-10-02 15:20:30 UTC
Tim,Exson,
I just yum installed mbstring,now it works!
Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Joe Zhou